INITIAL ADMISSION INTO INFANT AND PRIMARY SCHOOL AT 4/5 YEARS OF AGE DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR 2019/2020
If you wish to send your child to Bradfield Dungworth school it is important that you should notify the Local Authority before the 15th January in the school year prior to the school year in which your child becomes 5 years old.
The Director of Education will allocate the places in the following priority order, which has been determined by the Local Authority.
- Pupils with Special Education needs who have a Statement which names a particular school or requires adapted buildings/facilities. This category does not include children with special educational needs for whom any mainstream school with support can provide.
- Looked after pupils – pupils in public care who require a place at a school that is identified by the Care Management Panel (normally the catchment school).
- Pupils living in the catchment area of the school, provided an application is made by 15th January.
- Those pupils who live outside the catchment area but who will have a sister or brother at the school at least during the first year of their attendance at the school.
Parents should note that if one child gets a place at a school there is no guarantee that there will be a place for younger brothers and sisters at a later date.
- In addition to the above the following reasons will be considered if appropriate, social, medical, educational, geographical, family and other reasons. Any such applications will be assessed on their merits and will be compared with requests from other parents.
- If any places remain, pupils will be prioritised by distance from the school, measured as the crow flies.
An offer will be made in April 2019 by the Children’s and Young Peoples Service.
Parents who wish to apply for a place at our school are very welcome to contact the Headteacher any time to arrange a convenient time to look round the school, see the children working and meet the staff.