School Online Safety Rules
This is how we stay safe when we use computers:
- I will ask a teacher / an adult if I want to use the computer
- I will only use activities that the teacher /an adult has told or allowed me to use.
- I will take care of the computer and other equipment
- I will ask for help from the teacher / an adult if I am not sure what to do or if I think I have done something wrong.
- I will not change any of the settings on the computer or tablet.
- I will tell the teacher / an adult if I see something that upsets me on the screen.
- I understand that the school will monitor what I look at on the internet.
- I know that if I break the rules I might not be allowed to use a computer.
Using the internet can be fun and also help with your learning.
However, it is vital that you stay safe when using the internet and new technology.
There is a lot of useful advice for children and parents / carers at the following sites:
This guide features what children do online, the threat of online strangers and how to ensure a healthy balance between Internet use, your children’s online privacy, digital security, and more on online safety to mention.
Here’s the link - https://www.safetydetectives.com/blog/parents-guide-for-safe-youtube-and-internet-streaming-for-kids/
How to limit screen usage
Online Pornography - Facts and Advice
Online Sexual Harrassment
When and what should I report to the police?
National Online Safety Guidance
This site has some excellent parent guides to help you understand the apps and games your child may request. Please see some samples here that we have already sent out to parents / carers.
Parents guide to WhatsApp
Parents Guide to Momo