Dungworth Green, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S6 6HE
Small school, Big ambitions
At Bradfield Dungworth Primary School...
Getting to School on time matters...
Number of minutes late every school day and days missed each year as a result...
5 mins every day = 3.5 days
10 mins every day = 7.2 days
20 mins every day = 14.4 days
OUR SCHOOL ATTENDANCE TARGET THIS YEAR IS 97%. In 2016-17 we achieved 96.5%
If your child needs to be absent from school...
• Only keep your child away from school if it’s really necessary - we will contact you if they are unwell and need to go home.
• Telephone school on the first day of absence, as early as possible.
• Keep school informed if more than one day’s absence is necessary.
• Speak to us if your child will be off for a prolonged period of time so we can offer support.
Where possible please avoid medical appointments in school time.
If this is unavoidable please remember that:
• Medical appointment cards will need to be shown to the school office for an authorised medical appointment to be recorded on the register.
• If same day emergency medical appointments occur ask your GP surgery for a card/slip stating that your child attended. This will need to be returned to school at the first opportunity.
• If your child is too ill to return to school following the appointment, please telephone us.
Taking your child out of school, during term time...
The Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006 Amendments have been made to the 2006 Regulations and make clear that head teachers may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances. Parents should complete a form and submit to the school at least 20 days in advance. Headteachers have the discretion to grant leave, but they should only do so in exceptional circumstances. If a headteacher grants a leave request, it will be for them to determine the length of time that the child can be away from school. This leave is unlikely, however, to be granted for the purposes of a family holiday. Parents can be fined for taking their child on holiday during term time without consent from the school.
To find out more about your responsibility as a parent/carer, see Sheffield City Councils Policy and further information at